7 Ways To Increase Serotonin That Don’t Involve Pharmaceuticals
About 95% of your serotonin is made in your gut which affects your G.I. activity as well as your mood!
* Nutrition, eat more spinach, seeds, nuts, pineapple, kiwi, etc. stay away from animal products if you can-your gut works harder to break down foods with animal products. Drink lots of water when you wake up and throughout the day!
* Meditation, improves relaxation & focus! Meditation also inc. serotonin, and oxytocin -which is another great hormone & neurotransmitter associated with empathy, bonding, and trust
* Practice Gratitude, make a list of 5 things your grateful for at bedtime every night
* Essential Oils, calming and can deepen your breaths which will relax and soothe your nervous system.
* Goal Achievement, write down things you did well that day, this also improves confidence through being able to see yourself with greater clarity and objectivity.
* Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily!
* Spend Time in Nature, there are anti-inflammatory attributes to nature especially standing or walking barefoot, spend time in sunlight for some vitamin d (don’t forget your spf)!